Other News From 1950
- Rolf Hougen attends a Canadian sporting goods show in Montreal. He travels on Canadian Pacific Airlines to Vancouver, Trans Canada Airlines to Montreal, picks up a car in Toronto and drives back to Whitehorse. He also visits New York on this trip.
- Hougen's Variety Store changes its name to Hougen's Limited.
- Canadian troops are sent to Korea.
- Art Mackay replaces Doug Cavaye as Manager of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.
- The hourly pay rate for carpenters in the Yukon is the highest in Canada at $2 an hour.