Menu

Yukon Nuggets

Sort by Date
Results 24

1945

Whitehorse Inn

The Whitehorse Inn owned by T.C. Richards constructs an Annex (in the rear) to meet wartime needs. Later, an expansion of the Whitehorse Inn replaces the buildings to the right.

Read more

1944

‘98’ Hotel Building

The '98' Hotel building is visible in the background of this scene at Second Avenue and Wood Street. The building had many lives. It was a nightclub, a roller skating rink and eventually a hotel and bar. Across the street…

Read more

1944

Lambert Street School

In 1944, the Lambert Street School at Third Avenue and Lambert Street is no longer large enough to accommodate the growing enrollment. High school students are moved to a two-story wartime building. It was previously used by Dowell Construction, one…

Read more