1948 Historical Photos
The Army barracks is seen in the foreground of this photo of Whitehorse. It later became the Baptist Residential School. Whitehorse General Hospital can be seen to the right. The road up the clay bank to the airport is on the left. The air terminal was located on the east side of the runway in 1948. The Whitehorse Inn is the large building in the centre. The river boats and the White Pass and Yukon Route warehouse are just visible in the background.