1949 Historical Photos
View Across the River
At right is a scene of Whitehorse from across the river. The enlarged Whitehorse Inn (built in 1948), the Taylor and Drury Store started in 1900, and the Northern Commercial Dept. Store on Front Street are all visible. The White Pass Hotel (not associated with the W.P.&Y.R.) is to the left. The docks and warehouses of the White Pass, BYN River Division, can be seen in the foreground.