White Pass Rail and Warehouses
Until the Alaska Highway, built in 1942 and available for commercial use 3 years later, all freight came up the coast to Skagway, Alaska & by the WP & YR Railroad to Whitehorse. Left to Right in photo - the Whitepass depot, Northern Commercial Company Store, the Telegraph & RCMP offices. The "local" freight warehouses, where Whitehorse received it's freight, is to the left of the tracks and the warehouse to the right stored freight that was loaded on the paddle wheeler. Boats bound down the Yukon River to Dawson City and Mayo.