1952 Historical Photos
Whitehorse High School
The official opening of the Whitehorse High School on 4th Avenue. In attendance: Allen McGregor, Gordon Lee, Commissioner Fred Fraser, Mayor Gordon Armstrong, Brigadier Meuser, Wing Commander Olson, and Aubrey Simmons.
Whitehorse had several gambling establishments. One operated in the Legion on the 2nd floor, one was in the basement of the Capital Theatre and another was behind the Whitehorse Inn. The principle game was a dice game called "Ace Away" introduced from Texas by the U.S. Army. In 1952, after a national media report about these establishments, they were closed down.