1946 Hougen's history
Hougen’s Variety Store
In August, 1946, Hougen's moved from 2nd and Wood to the White Pass Hotel building at Main and Front Street where the Edgewater is today. The Rawleigh and Fuller names were dropped and "Hougen's Variety" name is adopted. Children's wear is expanded and photo equipment sales and sporting goods are added to the inventory.